During this time of continued uncertainty, we understand you may be concerned with how COVID-19 could impact your beloved pets’ veterinary care. At Shannondale Pet Hospital we are committed to providing your furry family with the same exceptional care you’re used to – it just might look a little different (like, say…from your car’s interior). We assure you that your pets’ health and safety are still our #1 priority.
Below are some important updates to our operating policies.
WE CAN NOW SEE ALL CASES BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
This includes vaccines, wellness exams, blood work, heartworm testing, spays and neuters, dental services, and more!
SAFETY MEASURES TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE
- We are continuing our “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. If you are arriving for a booked appointment with a doctor, please call from your vehicle when you arrive. We are now allowing 1 family member per appointment into the exam room. You can choose to remain in your vehicle if that is your preference and you have the option to video conference during the appointment.
- Only clients wearing masks will be allowed into the building.
- We will continue the use of credit cards and e-transfer as the preferred payment method.
- We will continue with curbside pickup of food and medication. We encourage you to use our online store and have your order delivered directly to your home. There are many promotions for you to check out including free shipping when you spend $75 or more. To place an order through our online store, visit www.myvetstore.ca/shannondalepet.
- As a veterinary hospital, we are already taking many sanitation measures to prevent the spread of viruses and disease. We have increased our existing efforts by wiping all surfaces at the reception desk including point of sale terminals after each transaction as well as entrance door knobs.
- We will be adopting a screening protocol for our appointment bookings. Depending upon a client’s risk factor we will follow specific protocols to minimize risk of infection to our team and other clients. We are also asking client’s to fill out a history form about their pet prior to their appointment as we have to limit client contact time so please be patient when booking appointments and provide us with your email.
We are OPEN with the following hours:
Monday – 8:30 am – 7:00 pm
Tuesday – Friday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
We encourage you to call ahead to ensure we are open. Please arrange a pickup time for medications and food to ensure we have it ready and waiting at the pickup area outside.
Due to the provincial shutdown we have a significant backlog of appointments to fill. We will be giving priority to emergencies and urgent care patients. Next, we will be contacting patients that we currently have on our waiting list. Then we will give priority to those most overdue with wellness visits.
Thank you for your patience and understanding! We look forward to seeing you and your furry family members again! Please reach out with any questions and remember, we’re all in this together!
More information about COVID-19 in Ontario
More information about COVID-19 and your pet:
– Your dedicated team at Shannondale Pet Hospital